April 21, 2012

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Pure
The Covenant #2
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published on April 3rd 2012
Spencer Hill Press, 329 pages
Find the title on Goodreads

There is need. And then there is Fate...


Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.



When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

- Goodreads.com description

I loved Half-blood, but seriously? There's really no comparison. I thought Half-blood was so so good, but Pure put the story into a completely another level. Pure is made of pure awesomeness. It's made of magic.

The story is amazing. Sometimes it's heart-breaking. Lots of times it's hilarious. But most of all there is action. Real action! And I love it. Because you feel so so nervous and scared for Alex and you have this crazy wish you could jump in the book and fight on her side :) 

Alex. I can't believe how much she has grown up as a character! She's even more icredible than before. And I love her new philosophy - No being stupid or irresponsible, but just irrational - I love it!! I couldn't agree more with Seth when he said “You’re a bit crazy. You throw apples in people’s faces when you’re angry. You go off half-cocked half the time. It entertains me to no end. So if you are irrational, I hope you stay that way. I love it.”

The Boys.
Aiden. Ahh Aiden . He is adorable. Ok, they have some fights with Alex, but when don't they? He's nice and sweet and supportive. At some point I was hopping he would explain a bit better the complications within their relationship.. but well, it's Aiden we are talking about. He doesn't talk that much anyway. I still like him.

Seth. Oh my God, Seth ♥. He was intriguing before, but this? Hehe, he is just awesome. I love him! He is crazy. He is funny. He is so completely different from others. And in this book we actually see how much he cares for Alex. And I love that! Because behind that nice smile there is a person with lots of thoughts and feelings. I love that in this book we get to know Seth better. And I really enjoyed reading about him.

Overall, this book is amazing and I can honestly say that it's one of the best books ever written. Jennifer did an awesome job with it. I can't wait for Deity! In my opinion, I think it will be fabulous! 

So, if you've been living under a rock and you don't know yet about the Covenant serie, I highly recommend it to you! There is action, there is romance, there is friendship, and there is excitment! ;)

So, my dear reader have you enjoyed Pure? Tell me about it!! :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...