November 10, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin Review

The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Mara Dyer #2
by Michelle Hodkin 
Published on October 23rd 2012
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 544 pages
Find the title on Goodreads

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.



She used to think her problems were all in her head.


They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


-Goodreads.com description


Ah Mara, Mara. In the first book I was quite confused. I didn't know what was real and what wasn't. And I really don't know if now me being a Psychologist has some kind of corelation with it, but God help me, this book was absolutely-uterrly-holy-freakshow A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Really, I was speechless in the end. And I cried, which is saying somehting.

I haven't been so scared while reading a book since Blood Promise by Richelle Mead, while Rose was excaping trough the maze with the moonflowers with Dimitri on her heels. Does it ring a bell? God, I was so anxious, and I thought I would never get to be so scared-terrified-and on the other hand-hopeful trough a book again. HA! Wrong answer. The Evolution of Mara Dyer kept me on the edge practically the whole time. Woah, what a roller-coaster!

Mara in this book is even more awesome. I just LOVE how she always think of an answer and then answer something completely different! I was laughing like crazy.. when I wasn't so scared I couldn't force my heartbeat to slow even a little bit. Mara really rocks.

Noah. Aww, I remembered him being hot, but hell I didn't remember him being such a gorgeous and a completely adorable guy! Some things he said to Mara? It became my goal to find a guy in this world who will say those things to me too. It my new mission in life. So please, if you know any wanna-be-Noah-Shaw near you, please, point me the right way.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer was absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to have the third book in my hands! Michelle Hodkin did an awfully amazing job with it. And as a psychologist? Holy woah, I loved every minute of it, I swear! So if you're looking for a fast paced book filled with awesome psychological elements, a roler-coaster of emotions and a jaw-drop-incredible romance, The Evolution of Mara Dyer is the perfect book for you!

I shook my head, growing more and more frustrated. "Why do you keep reaching for science?" "Why do you keep reaching for magic?"

"Never mind them." He moved back to his bed and stood beside it, looking down at me. "I don't care about them. Tell me what to do and I'll do it," he said. "Tell me what you want and it's yours."

"I'm sorry," I started to say. But then a few seconds later, when Noah's expression still hadn't changed, I said, "Actually, I'm not. You want to go because I don't agree with you? There's the door."

She smoothed my hair down my back. "I love you." 
My throat burned with the tears I wanted to cry but wouldn't. I knew she loved me. She just didn't believe me. I understood why, but it hurt like hell just the same.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...